Mgetty success

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Fri Jan 10 16:54:33 CST 2003

On 10 Jan 2003, Jon Moss wrote:

> I have succeeded in connecting via modem to my Linux box using mgetty.
> Now, the next challenge will be to get it working at home and possibly
> using autoppp to connect to my home computer from work and use either
> ssh or vncserver.

The url for the link has been dead for quite some time, and I'm not having
a great deal of success finding another online copy of it but...

I have a thirteen page document entitled "UnixWorld Online: Tutorial
Article: No. 015" (subtitle: Be a Linux-based ISP) authored by a Charles
Fisher you might be interested in.  It's somewhat dated having been
authored in when Red Hat was around release 6.x, but it covers some
concepts that might point you in the right direction of some stuff.

I have it in print form - could fax it to you or something if interested.
Dustin

--
*-----------------------------------*
| Dustin Decker                     |
| http://www.dustindecker.com | "Every now and then, when your life gets  |
| Moon-Lite Computing         | complicated and the weasels start closing |
| 913.579.7117                | in, the only cure is to load up on        |
*-----------------------------| heinous chemicals and then drive like a   |
                              | bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas ...   |
                              | with the music at top volume and at least |
                              | a pint of ether."                         |
			      |		-- Hunter S. Thompson             |
                              |            Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas |