Seems like it should be easy...

Jared jared at trios.org
Thu Jan 9 12:16:51 CST 2003

It is easy, yes. PHP pseudocode is:

<?php
$today = date('y/m/d');
$sql = "select opentime, saleitem from tblsalesinfo where datetime > $today";
mysql_connect("helo","hi","hola");
$recordset = mysql_query($sql);
if (!$recordset) {
     die("Today our database is browk.");
} else {
     $opentime = $recordset[0];
     echo "Today we open at $recordset[0], and our sale item is: $recordset[1]";
}
?>

Your MySQL database will be equally concise.
(Each record contains: recordid, datetime, opentime, saleitem).

See the first example at this location, for code that will actually work.
Modify it to suit your needs:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-fetch-row.php

-Jared