Swat

rick rsobba at kcnet.com
Sun Jan 5 18:22:45 CST 2003

I have performed many searches on Google in the last few weeks and all
the results are similar but still no luck. Next I will try to configure
the smb.conf but thought this would be easier??

Thank you all in advance
Rick Sobba

When trying to access swat through Mozilla on Mandrake 9.0 under root I
get the following error:

"The connection was refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:901"

This is what I have tried:

-With Open Office Writer I create an text file called swat
-Location of this file is /etc/init.d

These are the 2 different config files I have tried:

service swat
{
  port=901
  socket_type=stream
  wait=no
  only_from=127.0.0.1
  #only_from=192.168.0.0
  user=root
  server=/usr/sbin/swat
  log_on_failure+=USERID
  #disable=yes
}

-Restart xinetd by /etc/init.d/xinetd restart
-From Mozilla I type in the folling url http://127.0.0.1:901

I have also tried this config file:

service swat
{