What makes Linux great?

Daniel Siemens Dsiemens at kcimplants.com
Sat Dec 20 00:25:59 CST 2003

1)       Not having to reboot for a lot of simple changes.  Windows has
made a lot of improvements here, but the start and stop functions, and
even the end task options don't cut all the way.   There needs to be a
equivalent to the kill -9  forcible option.

2)       A more common location for configuration information such as
/etc in Linux.  I know that Microsoft doesn't use much for just files
but it would be nice is if it was a config file it would be in a config
file directory.

3)       An operating system that does not take an 15mins to start.

4)       When changing permissions on files, the changes should be fast,
real fast.