Dialin Server to Cable Modem working, but Cron not

Jon Moss jon at mossfam.net
Thu Dec 4 16:37:04 CST 2003

Thanks to everyone who assisted me a couple of weeks ago.  I successfully
configured Linux to act as a dialin server and allow my husband to call
home from work and surf the internet via our RoadRunner connection.

My only strangeness involves a cron I setup to turn on and off mgetty
answering the phone.

I don't have the exact entry from crontab (I may dialin to home later and
retrieve it) but I'm basically deleting the nologin.ttyS1 file from etc
folder at 9:03 a.m. and recreating it at 6:03 p.m. every day.

Trouble is it never runs.  Is it a rights issue?  A path issue?  I'm stumped.

Jon Moss
jon at mossfam.net