OT: looking for text file find and replace utility

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Sat Aug 30 18:08:36 CDT 2003

KRFinch at dstsystems.com wrote:

>I know that I could probably grep this all up pretty nicely (if I knew
>how), but I'm kinda stuck with Wintel tools.  Anyone out there come across
>any Wintel tools to batch lots of text file find and replace operations?

jEdit 4.1 and higher can search an entire directory structure for a file
spec and perform find and replace using the simple specifications you
listed above or complex BeanShell or regex opperations.

http://www.jedit.org

I'm sure there's a similar way you could do it with vim or emacs for
Win32. (double egh!)