VNCSERVER

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Sat Aug 30 08:58:33 CDT 2003

On Saturday 30 August 2003 5:57 am, Adrian Gordinier wrote:
> Maybe somebody can help me out here. I am simply trying to connect via
> vnc a Mandrake machine to a redhat box running regular vncserver not
> x0rfbserver. When I connect I do get a desktop and I can click on things
> but nothing works. I get an error box that says "Klauncher could not be
> reached via DCOP."

> What does that mean? What am I not doing?

Did you actually set up a VNC server on your Mandrake box, or did you just use
a GUI to enable desktop sharing?  The two are not the same, which is probably
the problem you're having.  I think Mandrake uses a KDE VNC extension, while
RedHat uses straight VNC.  Compare installed packaged (rpm -qa | grep vnc),
find the config files.