Postfix and local users.

Chris Wagner ismgr at atchisonkansas.net
Thu Aug 28 13:39:35 CDT 2003

Justin wrote:

> Chris Wagner wrote:
>

>> Also, isn't there a way to write a Procmail recipe that would kill
>> content based on the attachment type as opposed to having to write
>> the recipe to look for some type of pattern?
>>
>> I noticed in the replies that I saved from Procmail question I asked
>> last that the script that it suggested has different entries for a
>> gazillion different virii for Windoze.
>>

> I use the following to catch all executable attachements:
>
> :0 B

Justin,

Thanks so much.

A couple of quick questions because I don't know the answer.

What's the "B" declaration?

Does declaring the Content-Type = application|audio cover ALL
executables (I mean, all that may arise - it looks as though your file
extension list is very thorough)?

Also, the very last line, am I correct in saying that you're dropping
those messages in a folder called "zzz-executables/"?

Are you doing that to make sure that perhaps there wasn't something
actually legitimate that came in with an executable attachment?

I guess I need to create a copy of .procmailrc now and drop that recipe
in there.

Do I also need a .forward file for each user's home directory?

Thanks!

Chris