wireless lines of sight from southwest of L, KS

david nicol davidnicol at pay2send.com
Wed Aug 27 22:47:34 CDT 2003

I recently met a K.U. professor who lives southwest of
Lawrence, outside the range of sunflower broadband's cable
lines.  He is tired of dial-up and wants a faster internet
connection.

We talked about the feasablity of setting up point-to-point
wireless connections, and I said I would try to get this
professor in touch with someone who might be able to help.

Ideally, a major lawrence ISP (sunflower? KU itself?) could
mount some antennae on top of Mt. Oread and subscribers could
point directional gear at the lights they can see at night.

I don't know how much everything costs; but if someone reading
this would like to put together the package I can introduce
you to the professor and his neighbors.  Please reply
to lkswireless at pay2send.com and
include the phrase "lawrence wireless" somewhere in the message.