PostNuke.

Chris Wagner ismgr at atchisonkansas.net
Tue Aug 19 13:53:14 CDT 2003

I went to install PostNuke last night (not finding much of an
installation manual anywhere), but it seemed to be pretty straightforward.

I setup mySQL and set the root password (I don't know what user to run
as honestly; if I need to create a new user and use it, would someone
enlighten me?) and then decompressed the PostNuke package and moved it
to the Apache html root (/var/www/html on this Yellow Dog distro).

I then hit the PostNuke install.php file and I began the installation
process that took me through a really nice graphical setup, but when I
got to the point of creating the mySQL database, I inputted the
necessary information and got an error every time I tried to create the
database that the database could not be created.

I can't remember the exact error, but it said something to the effect
that it was having troubles with a mysqlconnect() issue.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

On the way to work I was thinking on it and wondered if I needed to
change the location of the mySQL server to 127.0.0.1, which now that I
think about it, PostNuke had lined out on that screen.

Any input from those of you who have operating or have run PostNuke
installs is MORE than welcome (Dustin, etc.).

The build of PostNuke was the latest I could find on their site (I think
it was Phoenix 0.726).

Thanks!

Chris