SpamAssassin

Uncle Jim jim at jimani.com
Wed Aug 13 18:19:10 CDT 2003

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 09:16:35AM -0500, Dave Hull wrote:

> While we're on this subject, I've got a spam folder that procmail
> automatically dumps spam into if SA says it's spam. A few items slip through
> now and then and I've been saving those to the spam folder as well.
>
> If I feed these items to sa-learn, do I need to first remove all of SA's
> headers? Does it matter?

sa-learn has a "--forget" option for when you make a mistake.  I don't know
if you need to remove all of SA's headers and other stuff but I DO know that
it won't give you an error message if you don't.  It is also smart enough to
ignore a message if you sa-learn it a second time.

As Jonathan said, procmail is the important part.  I use procmail to feed the
message to SA (as described in the SA README file) and then to do something
with the message.  On some machines I just mark the "Subject: " line and other
machines I save it in /var/spool/mail/spam/$LOGNAME.  What you do with it just
depends on how long you want to spend with the procmailrc man page.
--
Jim