Compressing / Uncompressing

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Aug 13 12:40:20 CDT 2003

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 9:34 pm, Brian Mills wrote:

> I prefer to use PuTTY when I need ssh-type access to my linux box from a
> windows machine.  It is free software, and I haven't had any problems with
> it.  There are ssh, scp, telnet, and sftp clients, though each one is a
> separate program to download.  They've worked wonderfully for me.

I like it because it's a series of simple, user-space executables.  Doesn't
muck with the registry, doesn't mess with .DLL's.  Can be run from floppy and
your system administrator need never know.

I can just imagine what eyebrows the cygwin package would raise if installed
on a regularly scanned office PC.