Billy and his backdoor...

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Aug 12 22:07:23 CDT 2003

I wasn't spreading rumors. I read it on either CNN or a
freshmeat link. The windows update site *was* cracked on
Saturday. Maybe it was unrelated to the worm, maybe not.
I am aware of how the worm works, but I haven't analyzed
the code. It is possible that it has a different payload
if it infects a M$ server than other servers. It may also
be a different variant. I only scanned the article so
can't say for certain if they indicated the exact infection.
If I remember the worm uses lftp to download a payload,
so how is it they could not be related? It is certainly possible
to download an activex executable via lftp.

regards,
Brian