Mozilla mail

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Tue Aug 12 14:44:36 CDT 2003

Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> On Tuesday 12 August 2003 4:14 am, Brian Kelsay wrote:
>

>>Does anybody know what to do w/ Moz Mail when the trash can disappears?
>>  I can't create a new one because it tells me that a folder already
>>exists w/ this name.  If I try to delete anything I get no results.
>>There is nowhere for the message to go.  I have closed down the mail
>>program and restarted to no effect.  Next step is to restart Mozilla.
>

> Which you were avoiding for why?
>
> If you haven't restarted Mozilla, you haven't restarted the mail program,
> you've just closed and re-opened a view.  Try restarting M.  You have a
> locked/corrupt file somewhere.  You may need to fsck the disk.

This is version 1.4 of Mozilla.  It is a pop3 account w/ COmcast.
Problem was solved by completely shutting down Moz and restarting.  I
don't like to do this, because it is so slow to restart, but also
because I tend to keep a lot of tabs open for the many things I'm
looking at or researching at the time.  It's always a hassle to restart
the browser.  I do like having one browser window rather than multiple
ones that you have to resize each and close for each, etc.

So, problem solved.

--
A Computer without Microsoft is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
-as seen on IRC