Spam

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Aug 11 15:01:26 CDT 2003

On Monday 11 August 2003 2:12 pm, you wrote:

> This is my work account, and I access it through Lotus Notes.  If there is
> a way to easily filter Spam with Notes, I don't know it.  :(

Hell, I don't think there's an easy way to do anything in Notes...

That is one of the reasons it's less vulnerable though.

I'm pretty sure there are spam filters you can implement on the Notes gateway
server though.  As I said, I'm not very happy with the current state of
SpamAssassin, but there are others that work well.

A Notes server would probably be harder to do the Beysian filtering on - so
far that really relies on the mail storage being on the same system as the
filter, whereas I prefer to run the filter at an earlier stage in my system
so it never reaches the storage system.