Security

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Sun Aug 10 23:19:37 CDT 2003

Just going through IPCop's logs today and looking at some attacks, so I
thought I'd pass on some stuff of interest I found.

Internet Storm Center to look at an attack ticker and attacks plotted by
country.
http://isc.incidents.org/

Go here to input a port then hit enter and see a graph of recent attacks
and what the most common source is:
http://isc.incidents.org/port_details.html

This shows the # of individual reports of each port attack in US
(current common attacks)
http://isc.incidents.org/country_detail.html?country=US

Plenty of other stuff in there.
Take this day to update your firewall!!  Don't be complacent.
I found this interesting, if you don't send it to the bit-bucket.
--
A Computer without Microsoft is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
-as seen on IRC