XSane is driving me Insane.

Chris Wagner ismgr at atchisonkansas.net
Sun Aug 10 05:57:22 CDT 2003

So I got on the sane.org site to check out the docs on how to configure
a usb scanner.

USB subsystem is loaded up.

SANE frontends and backends are loaded up.

Changed ownership of the .conf files in the /etc/sane.d directory.

Tried to run XSane to get the system to pick up the scanner and no dice.

Some of the docs on the SANE site at mustang.org (if memory serves) said
that the scanner I'm using should be pretty much fully supported via the
plustek driver.

As far as I can tell, the Plustek driver is loaded up, but I'm not
absolutely sure on that one.

There is a plustek.conf file in the sane.d directory that I scanned (no
pun intended) and didn't see anything that I needed to modify, since it
seemed to be, from what I read in the config file itself, setup to
autoconfigure the usb device.

Can someone please help me out with how to properly configure SANE?

Thanks!

Chris