cool linux projects

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Sun Aug 10 00:54:53 CDT 2003

Kris Bodenheimer wrote:

>> If you want to see whats on my tv go to
>> http://www.chadphillips.org/cgi-bin/tv.pl
>>
>> I use a program called Webvcr+ .  It works kind of like a Tivo.

Does this use xmltv to get the tv listings in a database for you to pick
from?
http://webvcrplus.sourceforge.net/requirements.html
Looks like it does.  Answered my own question.

I've been working (more like it's on hold) on MythTV.  It uses a lot of
the same progs in the backend, but is more feature full (maybe bloated).
  It appears to have all the features I want though.  My concern right
now is that the fastest PC I have (PIII-500) is supposedly the very
absolute minimum for the project.

What kind of pc do you have running WebVCR+?

--
A Computer without Microsoft is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
-as seen on IRC