SANE.

Chris Wagner ismgr at atchisonkansas.net
Fri Aug 8 21:31:15 CDT 2003

How does one go about telling SANE what devices are available if it's
not finding any, despite the device being recognized properly in KDE's
Control Center?

I looked at the man pages and at some of the SANE docs, and after
reading the man pages went to a console and tried:

sane-find-scanner.

This produced nothing except a warning about how the command itself works.

So, for kicks, I tried:

scanimage

Reported no SANE devices (go figure).

Anyway, I'm wondering what in the world I'm missing.

I tried to rpm both the sane-frontends and sane-backends files and they
are both already installed.

I'm not sure what to do next.

Thanks!

Chris