Cheaper programmers, it can't get any lower

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Fri Aug 8 20:04:17 CDT 2003

Bradley Miller wrote:

> but when cars cost more than the average assembly line worker makes in
> a year and when it takes two incomes just to run a household . . .
> there is a problem somewhere.

The Iron Law of Wages: wages will tend to sink to a level of bare
subsistence because there's always someone willing to work for less than
you -- read Marx if you have some free time. It's the economic system we
live in. We can only hope the rich have enough data available to them to
keep it from collapsing. All we can do is try to stay afloat. C'est la viv=E9.

--
Just my three trits. GPG Finger Print:
7A81 0A2F 1ABE DC38 DABC  7C22 B2EE 2304 4A89 46BF