Mandrake MNF

Jeffrey Cady jcady at unicorntheatre.org
Fri Aug 8 16:26:42 CDT 2003

Hello

I am new to this group and fairly new to Linux in general. I have been
playing around with Mandrake Multi Network Firewall, and I have had some
success with it. That being said I have a question concerning the GUI. I
could not configure MNF properly using the GUI, so I used VI to edit the
various rules and filter files manually. This is fine, but the strange
thing is, after I have edited the files, when I log on through the GUI
all of the settings I just changed manually are unchanged when viewed
through the GUI. What I can't figure out is where these setting are
coming from, because if I check the files again in VI I can confirm that
they are actually changed. I would like to be able to change the
settings and have them reflected in the GUI if possible. Any ideas?