The relevance of grammar

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Fri Aug 8 02:55:57 CDT 2003

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Monty J. Harder wrote:

[snip]
> We geeks know this.  When we make mistakes like this, we don't claim that
> the computers are conspiring against us and shouldn't be so mean.  We know
> that it's OUR fault when we express ourselves incorrectly.
>
> So there's no excuse for us to fail to use correct grammar when writing in
> English when we are able to do it in C, python, or whatever.

I don't think I've seen this quantified in nearly the eloquently manner that
Monty has presented.  +1 karma for calling a spade a spade.
D.

--
| Dustin Decker - CNA, MCP          |
| dustin at dustindecker.com       o--------------------------------------o
| Network Engineer              | "It is the eternal folly of man.     |
| Preferred Physicians Group    |  To be chasing after the sweet flesh,|
o-------------------------------|  without realizing that it is simply |
                                |  a pretty cover for bones."          |