Work In KC Area?

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Aug 4 12:11:54 CDT 2003

On Sunday 03 August 2003 4:21 pm, Duane Attaway wrote:

> Would I do it again?  Sure, I learned a
> lot and really enjoyed myself.  But the blatent lies about job placement
> were a grave disservice and only alienated everyone.

To be fair, on a national basis DeVry grads tend to do pretty well.  The
problems in the K.C. area are that they don't have any effective job
placement assistance, and the degrees they turn out are not really suitible
for entry-level positions here (which are VERY few and far between).

This is, of course, based on pre-collapse statistics, but in areas where there
was an actual IT industry, or an electronics industry, their grads were
pretty good for entry level production, and often moved up well.

It's always been rare that they turned out anybody who wasn't bitter and
disillusioned in this area.  Just like UMKC!