Work In KC Area?

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Sat Aug 2 02:21:42 CDT 2003

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Jason Clinton wrote:

> Ian Collins wrote:
>
> > Can anyone refer me to any work in the KC area. I worked at DST
> > Systems Winchester Data Center and was laid off. I have
>
> The job market is really bad right now. I heard that anything that get's
> posted in the Star gets roughly 300 applications.  It's going to be very
> hard to find computer work if you don't have an inside track for the
> next few years -- or atleast until the market adjusts itself (read: some
> people change industries and more jobs are created).

I've actually heard numbers more like 900 applicants in a lot of cases.
IT is on the ropes for a while unfortunately, particularly in this town as
many companies have flooded the market with talent they don't think they
need anymore.
D.

--
| Dustin Decker - CNA, MCP          |
| dustin at dustindecker.com       o-------------------------------------o
| Network Engineer              | Occam's eraser:                     |
| Preferred Physicians Group    | The philosophical principle that    |
o-------------------------------| even the simplest solution is bound |
                                | to have something wrong with it.    |