Hard Drive Reshuffle

Lucas Peet sirsky at lucastek.com
Fri Apr 18 08:50:47 CDT 2003

Well, as for the dd commands...yes, that would work, but you'll find
that when you write the data back to a new partition, it will also
change the partition size back to what it was originally...that's what
happened to me when I tried it.

eg:

old  hda1	700MB
new  hda1	1400MB

If you dd the old hda1 over to the new hda1, the new hda1 will no longer
show up as 1400MB, but 700MB, like the original...

-Lucas

Lucas Peet
sirsky at lucastek.com