Domain xfer scam

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Thu Apr 17 12:38:16 CDT 2003

I just got a domain "renewal" notice from the Domain Registry of America
(complete with patriotic flag stationary).  While the mailing is
designed overall to look exactly like an invoice, the fine print states:
"This notice is not a bill, rather an easy means of payment should you
decide to register or renew your domain(s) with us."

Of course the pricing ($40 for a 2 year renewal) is higher than what I'm
paying now ($15/yr).

I've gotten e-mail versions of this sort of scam before, but this is the
first "snail-mail" one I've recieved.  Has anyone else gotten anything
like this via physical mail?

--
Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net