MicroCenter Systems

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Wed Sep 18 17:17:10 CDT 2002

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 mbsmith at dstsystems.com wrote:

> I just bought a K6-2 550 for $26 and a 128MB DIMM for $28.  Do a search at
> pricewatch.com for 10.0GB and you'll see a Quantum drive for $42.  These
> have/had free shipping.  So add that to your $99 machine and, yes, really
> - $200.  As to whether the BIOS would take a K6-2 550, that's an unknown,
> but the point is, decent parts are cheap!

I think the argument raised here was whether or not you could get a
machine for that price _WITH_ a monitor.  Tack that onto your numbers
above and you're gonna be off.  (And I think free shipping on a monitor
will be HIGHLY unlikely.)  <grin>
Dustin

--
| Dustin Decker                     |
| http://www.dustindecker.com | He who knows not and knows that he      |
| Moon-Lite Computing         | knows not is ignorant.  Teach Him.      |
| 913.579.7117                | He who knows not and knows not that he  |
*-----------------------------| knows not is a fool.  Shun him.         |
                              | He who knows and knows not that he      |
                              | knows is asleep.  Wake him.             |