lovedos (Was Re: kyro series video card is not working)

Jason Clinton clintonj at umkc.edu
Wed Sep 4 13:10:12 CDT 2002

Hanasaki JiJi wrote:

> Had one once for the Apple IIe
>
> list gave a grocery list.
>
> Kurt Kessler wrote:
>
>> Oh god! I just had a flashback! So I'm *NOT* the only
>> one that got on bbs's lol! Now if I could only get
>> back all those hours spent playing Majormud...
>>

>>> Speaking of wishing one's computer had emmotions so
>>> that it might be tortured...
>>>
>>> Anyone remember that late 80's DOS 5.0 simulator
>>> that drew the command promt but common commands like "cd" came back
>>> with
>>> "C:love" "format a:" came back with things like "Why don't you
>>> stick your
>>> disk in my drive?" I think I got it from an ANSI BBS in Springfield,
>>> MO.
>>>
>>> I just had an oldskewl flashback...

Hehe...

I think I *only* had to wait two hours to download it on my blazing
Hayes 2400 bps modem! What terminal software were you using at the time?
I think I had Procomm Plus 2.0 for awhile and then I switched to
Telex(?).  Somewhere in there I even experimented with the BBS's with
vector graphics similar to the way Prodigy used to work back then. I
can't remember the name of the terminal software that you had to use for
that one, though.