video outage

Aldis A. Tuck dlegion at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 3 09:46:08 CDT 2002

Greetings,
I installed MDK 8.2(kernel 2.4.18-6), I had video but
it wasnt accurate.  In mandrake control center it said
it was at resaolution 1280X something, but the screen
size was clearly 800X600.  My color depth was
24billion
I change it to 16Million and then it told me to
reboot.
Now it will not load into X anymore, it goes to
runlevel
3.  I tried to run XFree86 --h, but I dont know what
do to fix it, I think I just need to change the color
depth back but I dont know how. when I do the help
thing
it scrolls all the stuff I probably need to see off
the
screen.  Could someone please instruct me on how to
change
my color depth?

Kind Regards,