New Super-Compression?

Monty J. Harder lists at kc.rr.com
Thu Nov 28 05:03:46 CST 2002

"Scott Long" <link at kansastubacrew.com> wrote:

> http://www.entrekc.com/products/compression.html
>
> While he was telling me this, I tried my damndest not to laugh.  He says
that

  Well, the site is certainly buzzword-compliant...

    image-embedded databasing...Artificial intelligence and fuzzy logic
variables...Dual database architecture...

but this bit:

    NO decompression is required to view images. TSC's unique technology
actually reads the compressed image and presents it.

has me wondering what in the hell they're talking about.   It's apparently a
proprietary format, with 'free' viewers, and they hope to make their money
on the compressors along the lines of Adobe's .PDF.