hard drive woes

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Nov 22 22:35:38 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dale" <dale_n_ks at yahoo.com>

> Well if you consider that they are running cheaper
> than what we were paying for HD's of the same size in
> IDE a couple of years ago.  Your basically getting
> what you use to but better.. and it is more reliable.

The basic hardware is exactly the same whether it's SCSI or IDE.  SCSI is
just a different controller board on the identical drive case.  Some of the
price difference is attributable to economies of scale, but the IDE board is
a little simpler.  Most of the price difference is a "gotcha" price for
fools who think that there's something magically better about SCSI products.