When does grub print 'GRUB'

Dale dale_n_ks at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 21 12:25:48 CST 2002

I would be willing to wager that the problem is in
your grub config file.  I remember playing with a
mandrake distro one time and having that
problem...Main reason I walked away from grub and back
to the wonderful world of lilo... anyway.. if I
remember right I had to use a rescue disk to get the
system into maintanence mode.
>From there I was able to mount the drive I needed and
once I got the grubby config file edited to see the
system.map correctly was finally able to boot.
I know that isn't a lot of help.. but may give you a
idea of the direction you need to go in.