OT: why I sound ultra-liberal

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Tue Nov 19 19:53:59 CST 2002

It also voids the amendment that prohibits the government from signing contracts
with corporations that move their headquarters off-shore - so that they don't
have to pay taxes.

However, the liability protection probably is the scariest. Meaning no one can
sue them for developing "technologies" that fight terrorism. Meaning they get an
out-of-jail-free-card for developing "technologies" that could possibly kill or
injure thousands of people or conduct secret tests and if someone were ever to
spill the beans, they aren't held responsible.

This is a turning point in our history and could very well be the end of freedom
as we know it. Imagine a government super office composed of various parts of 22
government offices with only one prime directive. Seek out terrorism and destroy
it at all costs. Power to do whatever they want, whenever they want, to whoever
they want. Add this to the fact that they void out the Freedom Of Information
Act, Whistleblower Protection Act, and hold all their advisory committee
meetings in secret and you get one very scary government office with absolute
power. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.