cdrom won't mount with var. files

rod holcomb rodbrenda.2 at gbronline.com
Wed Nov 13 22:44:53 CST 2002

I've got a copy of RH 8.0 but i  couldn't get it to boot. I didn't know if it was a bad burn or if
I should pull one of my newer CD players out of a newer machine and try to see if that could boot.
I could get the 8.0 disk 1 to mount (back befor last night).  If I can't get 8.0 to boot with the
newer cd player can i still do an install by booting with a 7.0 floppy disk.

What would the command be to start the installtion/upgrade ?

From: Jason Clinton <clintonj at umkc.edu>

>rod holcomb wrote:
>> thanks for the help i don't really don't have anything configured that I couldn't do away with.
maybe i'll do a reinstall.