ms publisher clone

Bryan Richard bryan at pyzine.com
Tue Nov 12 23:36:50 CST 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 15:00, Dale wrote:
> Okay.. checked the freshmeat archives... searched the
> newsgroups... looking for something to do most of the
> same things that MS Publisher will do.
> Any of you found anything of that nature?

I recently went though a similar search looking for something to produce
Py. All in all, there's not a lot out there that I could find.

Take a look at Scribus. It looked pretty good but my laptop did have the
horsepower to run it. Note the Qt libs requirements before you dive in.

http://web2.altmuehlnet.de/fschmid/about.html

If you're down with documents in the LaTeX vein, look at LyX.

http://www.lyx.org

And there is Artstream, but I really don't know anything about it.

http://www.mediascape.com/artstream-linux.html

--
Bryan

bryan at pyzine.com    (    www.pyzine.com