Red Hat Road Tour Today!

Gregory Alan Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Thu Nov 7 20:03:35 CST 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 11:35, Justin wrote:
    > Make sure you guys ask why they did that.  I'm curious on why they
    > picked  Lawrence besides maybe getting RedHat into KU?

I have an opinion and a question below...

    I would guess it's because RedHat lists the Lawrence LUG (KULUA) as the
    most active in the area.  Right or wrong that's what their website lists.
    According to their community pages KULUA has 300 members,  KCLUG has only
    40 members.  Given that info, where would you stop?

Interesting numbers. But, IMHO (which ain't worth much), it seems like
RedHat is targeting the college crowd over corporate America. The first
thing I did when I heard about the road tour was check out redhat.com. I
mean... I dunno... a picture speaks a thousand words.
http://www.redhat.com/roadtour/meet/

Those aren't actually "Mr. Corporate America." I used to work for Price
Waterhouse, downtown KC. I used to look like these guys when I was in
college.

And, I guess that's okay. Get into the college generation and withing
3-5 years, you'll have a solid footing in corporate America. My big
disappointment was the different signals sent out by RedHat. They want
to get into corporate America, even so far as to be claiming significant
inroads in the desktop arena... but the road tour seems to send mixed
marketing signals. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

But, YOU KNOW WHAT...? I'm jealous of you guys! I sure would have liked
to have gone!  :-)  So, here's my question: How was it? Anyone gonna
post the scoop for those of us who couldn't take that long of a lunch???

:-)  Greg (from down south)

--
My Penguin wears a Red Hat.
http://www.greg-and-sue.com/screenshot.jpg