xmodmap in Xsession

Gregory Alan Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Wed Nov 6 22:40:03 CST 2002

I have a question for anyone who'd care to offer their two pennies...

I use 2 lines of xmodmap to do a simple modification to my keyboard so I
can use extended characters and write in Spanish:

xmodmap -e "keycode 115 = Multi_key"
xmodmap -e "keycode 116 = Multi_key"

Works great - modifies the WinKeys for =E9=E1=F3, etc.

I'd like to include those two commands in some Xsession or Xinit file
somewhere so they automatically load when I boot. To date, I have not
been able to figure out how to do that. If you want (if it'd help you to
see what I've tried thus far), you can check out my dilema here:
http://www.linuxnewbie.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72705

I've tried modifying:
1.  /etc/rc.local
2. /etc/X11/Xsession
3. $HOME/.Xsession

...among other things. And I cannot figure it out.

I run Red Hat 7.2, basic install. Any help anyone could offer would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Greg

Greg Kedrovsky, San Jos=E9, Costa Rica