Food for Thought

Marvin [GodfatherofSoul] Bellamy mbellamy at kc.rr.com
Wed Nov 6 02:28:17 CST 2002

This gets into how you define censorship.  When all those rock stars
were screaming censorship back in the '80s, I didn't call that
censorship.  I called that good business.  They knew a huge chunk of
their clientele was under 18 and those artists didn't want to depend on
a parental OK to get the sale.

The closer you get to the boundaries of "decency," the more of a
judgement call you have.  But, I still think you can draw some pretty
distinctive lines around porn.  Every other entertainment venue can come
to a consensus on what's questionable content, I don't think it's any
more difficult on the internet.