php/apache/mysql

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Tue Nov 5 19:12:47 CST 2002

---- Original Message -----
From: "Eric R." <rossiter at discoverynet.com>

> Ok... further investigation of the info returned by phpinfo() shows that
> ./configure was run with "--without-mysql."  Now, when one is trying to
> get PHPNuke running, I know this is not good.

You know, I'd love to help you out, having gotten this running myself a
couple of times, but you haven't said what platform you're running, whether
you're installing from RPM's or compiling from original source, and you
haven't posted anything from your error log.

If you're on Red Hat (you did mention rpms), just install the default
configuration, put the files in an appropriate folder, MAKE THEM EXECUTABLE,
and you shouldn't have these problems.  I recommend up2date for installing
stuff - handles dependencies best.