Food for Thought

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Tue Nov 5 19:00:03 CST 2002

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, zscoundrel wrote:

> Instead of making three quarters of the country buy filtering software
> that has to be constantly maintained and updated, why not just require
> all web sites with adult content to have ".adult" instead of ".com"?
>
> It would be simple and easy to filter for this, and the losers that
> insist on trying to sneak around the law by using .org or .com would be
> in violation of the law just like the adult bookstores that sell to minors.

Well said!
Indeed - I think this is the most fabulous recommendation out there.  It
doesn't interfere with our constitutional freedoms - and would certainly
be more effective than our current "Rated R" format at the local theatre
where 9/10th of folks attending aren't even age verified in most cases.

It's really no different than hiding Hustler, Playboy and the like
behind either a brown paper wrapper or any of the other means that make
them available at your local convenience store yet unavailable to young
eyes who really deserve the opportunity to taint their sexuality on
their own.

Just my $.02 Euro
Dustin

--
*-----------------------------------*
| Dustin Decker                     |
| dustind at moon-lite.com       *-----------------------------------------*
| http://www.dustindecker.com | These are the times that try men's      |
| Moon-Lite Computing         | souls.  The summer soldier and the      |
| 913.579.7117                | sunshine patriot will, in this crisis,  |
*-----------------------------| shrink from the service of their        |
                              | country; but he that stands now,        |
                              | deserves the love and thanks of man and |
                              | woman.  Tyranny, like hell, is not      |
                              | easily conquered; yet we have this      |
                              | consolation with us, that the harder the|
                              | conflict, the more glorious the triumph.|
                              |		-- Thomas Paine, 1778           |