Data rates

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Sat Nov 2 13:37:35 CST 2002

> Both Nuvox and Birch are offering T1's for $399.
>
> $160 does sound a little steap for cable since it is shared with all
your
> neighbors. :)

I hadn't realized T1 prices have dropped so much...I may have to get
together several neighbors and form a tiny ISP CoOp.

I can't get the Nuvox service here in Topeka, but I should be able to
get setup with Birch.  When I was first checking into Birch internet
services a few years ago (about 2-3 months after they first started
providing internet service), I was hearing bad things about their
upstream links and their ability to configure/maintain their routers.
Anyone know if they've shaped up since then, and how they're for
upstream bandwidth & peering points?

Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net