Cluster project revisited]]

KRFinch at dstsystems.com KRFinch at dstsystems.com
Fri Nov 1 09:59:30 CST 2002

I have more SCSI cables than you could possibly need. :)

- Kevin

                    "Charles Steinkuehler"

                    <charles at steinkuehler.       To:     "Brad Crotchett" <brad at ispn.net>, "KCLUG"

                    net>                          <kclug at kclug.org>

                    Sent by:                     cc:

                    owner-kclug at marauder.i       Subject:     Re: Re: Re: Cluster project
revisited]]
                    lliana.net

                    10/31/2002 11:22 AM

> Perfect!  So other than a power supply and case, we have the raid
array covered right?

Well, we'll still need SCSI cables.  I've got some, but not enough for a
21 drive RAID, and I don't think I have any with 8 connections per
cable.  On the other hand, I think I have enough of the RAID cards that
a couple could be put in a system, which would sort-of make sense...the
drives can sustain apx 5 MB/s each, so 3-4 would saturate a 20MB/s
SCSI-wide link.  Might make sense to break the RAID across two
controllers...

Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net