IBM Linux Ads

mbsmith at dstsystems.com mbsmith at dstsystems.com
Thu May 30 15:22:03 CDT 2002

Yes, I think you must be the last person the ads!  These are my favourite
right now.  Some other scenarios in the basketball ad campaign are:

- the 'good' team, all of them, are laying injured on the floor.  A team
manager tells another he's never seen all of them down at once, to which
the other responds "Wait till you see this", and then two team assistants
run on the court to attend to the downed players, with the court announcer
introducing them as "Here's BACK-UP, and RE-COV-ER-YYY!" (the names on
their back) and the crowd applauds and the players start getting up with
their help.

- The two managers are in an office discussing the team.  One says, "This
new guy, Linux, is real good and plays for peanuts.  Why would he play for
peanuts?".  The other responds slowly, "Loves.. to play.. the game" (my #1
favourite).

Another great one, non-basketball related, is when a group of managers and
security guards are bursting into an almost empty computer room, freaking
out, saying things like, "the servers, they've taken all the servers!".
Then they see one geek eating something near the only server left, and he
says "I moved everything on to this one", and then the voiceover says
something like "Linix - it'll save you a bundle".

You need to get off that computer, and watch more TV.

Cheers
Mark Smith

Seth Dimbert <s.dimbert at fhmr.com>
Sent by: owner-kclug at marauder.illiana.net