off-topic: phone hangups

Mick Ohrberg micke at kc.rr.com
Thu May 30 02:24:38 CDT 2002

SWB has something prett nifty that's called 'Privacy Manager' or
something like that. Whenever someone calls your house, they have to
state name and purpose. If they decide not to do so, the phone at
your home doesn't even ring, and when it does, you get to hear who is
calling and what they want BEFORE you actually talk to the person,
and can this way decide if you want to accept or decline the call.

Of course, they charge an outrageous amount for this, but it would
eliminate all calls like that.

	/Mick