spammers

Matt Luettgen crash3m at yahoo.com
Fri May 24 23:20:05 CDT 2002

The amount of spam you get is directly proportional to
the number of sites you submit it to.  I have had this
yahoo account for well over 2 years and can count the
amount of spam I've recieved that was directly
addressed to me (not the kclug list) on one hand.  Of
course then there is the hotmail account that I give
out to any and every company that wants an email
address.  With a block sender list of well over 400
addresses I still recieve on average 70 spams a day to
that account.   If your going to point the finger at a
service point it in the right direction.  Users have a
lot of control over just how much spam they get.  The
hotmail account that I mentioned has been active for
atleast 7 years and as you can tell by the amount of
spam I get it's been well abused

ML