AOL - High Speed Cable

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.org
Tue May 21 22:32:59 CDT 2002

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> [...]

Every cablemodem that I have seen has an IP address and 192.168.100.1
seems common.  The controller in them are advanced enough that
implimenting a simple web server became practical.  Point your web browser
to this:

http://192.168.100.1

That's how I got it!

There you should see a home page of your modem.  I found the status page
most helpful when I was finding bad connectors on my cable.  Also, there
might be widgets on some of the pages to adjust the volume, etc...

--
-=Duane
0x00F4  Kansas City, Missouri