compiling kde

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed May 15 13:23:22 CDT 2002

Well my machine compiled KDE 3 ok. I'm running an AMD 700 with
entirely compiled for Pentium pro level. Don't know how long it took.
I started it before I went to bed and didn't bother checking it
until I got home from work. So max 16 hrs, but I think it was done
after about 8 hrs. But my system is optimized for my processor, so YMMV.
I have heard stories of 24 hrs. So I recommend starting it before going
to bed and checking on the status in the morning before going to work
and
then plan on using it when you get home. It was definitely worth it! My
system
runs so fast now it's incredible.

Brian