another question about roadrunner

Randall Randall randall at randallsquared.com
Fri May 10 01:30:39 CDT 2002

Bill Clark wrote:
> Road Runner stopped allowing 4 IP addresses months ago for me.  I have to
> power cycle the cable modem a couple times sometimes to release and get a
> new device on the external interface.

It's true that you have to bug them occasionally, as they seem
to reset it whenever we go on a trip (and therefore take our
machines off the network).

You can still use IP Masquerade with IP-based rules, rather than
port-based, and so only need one NIC per computer.

--
Randall Randall <randall at randallsquared.com>
Crypto key: randall.freedomspace.net/crypto.text