another question about roadrunner

Randall Randall randall at randallsquared.com
Wed May 8 20:13:46 CDT 2002

mbsmith at dstsystems.com wrote:
> To avoid any USB adventures, I'd recommend you buy an ethernet card and go
> through it.  The cable modem should have both RJ45 and USB ethernet outs
> built in.  I imagine it would be a doddle for Mandrake to set up your card
> and DHCP client.

Yes, I used Mandrake for a couple months with RR, and it works fine.  Any of
the dhcp clients that come with Mandrake work;  I used "pump".
# pump -i eth0
...and you're up and running.

I use Gentoo now, and it's just as simple (though I'm using dhcpcd now).

Gentoo rocks, by the way. :)

--
Randall Randall <randall at randallsquared.com>
Crypto key: randall.freedomspace.net/crypto.text