Internet/Mail Connectivity

Seth Dimbert s.dimbert at fhmr.com
Tue May 7 15:41:36 CDT 2002

I've asked questions like this one before, but never gotten a solid answer.
I installed RH7.2 on an old PC here at the office and I now use it as an
IntraNet web server. It runs great. But, I can't get email off of it, either
from a script that sends mail or from PINE.

I didn't install any GUI, so any solution I use must use the command line.

I also don't seem to have installed lynx, so I can't easily check for access
to the net.

When I set up the box, I was careful with the various network settings
(things like gateway address and IP address), and I can see the box from my
desktop (on the network) via http, ftp and telnet, so I know that it's
connected to the LAN.

But, either it can't see the internet, or sendmail isn't working properly.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot why I can't get mail off the box?

-SD